Retirement Contribution Display in Mobile Check Deposit
The enhanced mobile check deposit design provides users the ability to optionally view informative retirement contribution details when a Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, Rollover IRA, SEP IRA or SIMPLE account registration is selected during a mobile check deposit transaction.
- Retirement contribution data displays if informational icon is selected by the user during mobile check deposit transaction
- Details include: contribution limits for current and/or prior year as set by Internal Revenue Service guidelines and retirement contributions to date for the selected retirement account
On October 29, 2015, a number of design and navigation enhancements will be delivered to our myStreetscape site. We have created a Brainshark video in order to provide myStreetscape users with an overview of these enhancements.
Most accounts are carried by National Financial Services LLC, Member NYSE/SIPC.
Please click the link below to access your NFS accounts.
If you have a UserID and PIN or would like to enroll please click on this link: Account Access
NOTE: Clients who have accounts held at COR Clearing LLC should contact their rep for information on how to obtain online account access. If you have been setup with a COR UserID and PIN please click on this link: COR Account Access
Please Read the following regarding upcoming changes to MyStreetscape
New Complex Password Policy
Effective October 25, 2015, National Financial “NFS” will be implementing a new password policy. The New Complex Password Policy will enhance security by allowing longer passwords with letters, numbers, and special characters.
NFS will be implementing the new password policy on October 25, 2015. At that time users may opt to change their numeric PIN to a complex password. At the next password expiration, users will be required to choose a complex password.
At the same time, NFS is making enhancements to the security question that users must answer in order to reset their password online. The new questions require more individual, personal information, and allow the use of various types of characters. When users create a new password, they will also be prompted to choose a new security question.
Beginning in October, all users will be required to use complex passwords to log into myStreetscape®. The new password policy will allow between six and 20 characters. Passwords will be required to include at least one character from three of the allowed character sets: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. These new passwords will be more secure because they will be more complex and at the same time, easier to remember. NFS will introduce a new password meter, which will encourage users to create stronger passwords.
New HTML Positions page for myStreetscape®
With the September Quarterly Release and through October National Financial will be rolling out a new HTML Account Positions page to myStreetscape®. The new Positions page will incorporate best practices across all lines of business, providing label improvements, a new "% of Total" column, dynamic foreign value columns (if applicable to the account), as well as consistent investor experience for desktop and iPad® browsers.
Browser Blocking and Warning Changes
In a continued effort to reduce vulnerability risks and to protect against cyber-attacks due to unsupported and/or outdated browsers, National Financial will be implementing Browser Blocking for Microsoft® Internet Explorer® (IE) 6, and Browser Warning for IE7 and IE8 on Streetscape® and myStreetscape®, on September 30, 2015.
Continued use of an unsupported browser by the vendor and/or National Financial will result in browser blocking and/or browser warning, starting on September 30, 2015.
Browser Blocking and Warning
On September 30, 2015, we will implement Browser Blocking for IE6, and Browser Warning for IE7 and IE8, on Streetscape and myStreetscape.
• Browser Blocking – for outdated browsers no longer supported by the parent vendor and the FI Browser Support policy. (i.e. IE6 is no longer supported by Microsoft and FI; users who attempt to log in to Streetscape or myStreetscape using IE6 will be blocked from access.)
• Browser Warning – for outdated browsers that are approaching end of support by the parent vendor (Microsoft) and the FI Browser Support policy. (i.e. IE8 is approaching end of support by Microsoft, users who attempt to login to Streetscape or myStreetscape using IE8 will be warned to upgrade to a supported browser. They will still be able to login at this time.)
Browser Blocking and Warning Messaging
Blocking: ‘This browser is no longer supported. To access the site, you will need to upgrade to one of our supported browsers. Please contact your Home Office for assistance.”
Warning: ‘This browser is outdated and is either unsupported, or will soon no longer be. We recommend you upgrade to one of our supported browsers. Please contact your Home Office for assistance.’
NOTE: for myStreetscape, ‘supported browsers’ is a link to a supported browser list.
Blocking: ‘This browser is no longer supported. To access the site, you will need to upgrade to one of our supported browsers.’
Warning: ‘This browser is outdated and is either unsupported, or will soon no longer be. For the best possible experience on this site, we recommend you upgrade to one of our supported browsers.
Please note that many of our platform’s upcoming enhancements will not function if using IE8. As a reminder, IE8 is no longer a supported browser and continued use will result in a loss of functionality. myStreetscape customers using IE8 will experience a loss of functionality once they are migrated to our new platform experience, beginning in October 2015.
Browser Compatibility List – effective September 25, 2015
(for Streetscape and myStreetscape)
• IE11, IE10, and IE9 on Windows® 7
• IE11 & IE10 on Windows® 8/8.1
• Mozilla Firefox® 39 on Mac® (and Windows® 7 for myStreetscape only)
• Google Chrome™ 43 on Windows® 7
• Safari® 8 on MAC
Reminder: For maximum performance, turn Compatibility Mode OFF for all IE versions
To turn Compatibility Mode OFF in IE, take the following steps:
• On your browser menu, click on Tools > Compatibility View settings
• Make sure first and third checkboxes are unchecked
• (‘Include updated website lists from Microsoft’ and ‘Display all websites in Compatibility View’)
Additional Microsoft OS Changes
Please click on the following link for further information provided by Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/end-of-support.aspx